cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed. V-79-57344-33859

Server-tech
Level 4
Partner

I am having a backup job failing.  I am running Backup Exec 2010 R2 with all the latest patches.

I get the following errors:

Backup
V-79-57344-65085 - There was a problem running the DBCC.

Database 'BE_DLO' cannot be opened because it is offline. 

Backup- SBSERVER\BKUPEXEC
V-79-65323-942 -

An error occurred on a query to database BE_DLO.

V-79-65323-942 - Database 'BE_DLO' cannot be opened because it is offline.

I have run the consistency check on BE_DLO DB - ok

I have run SQL script to verify BE_DLO DB is online.

Please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Server-tech
Level 4
Partner

I was reading things as I expected/wanted to see them.  I did not think until this morning to look under the BE SQL instance and found the BE_DLO DB listed under that instance offline.  I have detached that BE_DLO DB and removed it from the backup job.   All along I had been looking under the dlo sql instance......

So when you install the DLO 7.0 over an BE 2010 install be aware that the old  BE_DLO DB is not removed.  It is true I do not know what would happened if I had been able to install BE 2012 on the same service visit.

Thanks guys for the help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Do you have the SQL agent? If not, deselect those SQL DBs. The backup should continue as per normal.

In either case, deselect the DBs, reselect them then try again.

Also make sure you're not using AOFO when backing up the SQL DBs.

Thanks!

Server-tech
Level 4
Partner

This is a SBS 2008 Server with the Backup Exec 2010 R2 server that includes the SQL option. 

The AOFO option is not in use. 

I have deslected the DLO DB saved and then resellected it saved for tonight.

All of the other DB are backed up ok.

Thanks

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Any specific reason for explicitly backing up these DLO databases ? Since, DLO databases are automatically backed up when the regualar BE database is backed up...

Server-tech
Level 4
Partner

I am in the middle of an upgrade.  I updated DLO to the new now 7.0 DLO version.  I am not in the position to upgrade BE 2010 R2 to BE 2012 now.  I have to wait until the next maintenance Window which is over a month away.....  Therefore the database is a separate item for 7.0.

Thanks for asking...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you using SDLO 7.0, here is an easier way to backup the DLO database using the following command

-backup -dir <backup directory>

This command allows you to back up the DLO database to a specified directory.
Example DLODBUtils -backup -dir "c:\backups\DLODatabase"

Run this command from the install directory preceeded with the DLODBUtils command...

If this suits you, de-select the DLO dbs from the regular SQL backup job & let that job complete successfully...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this should see the backup run through tonight.

Server-tech
Level 4
Partner

CraigV - unfortunately

"I have deslected the DLO DB saved and then resellected it"

Did not solve the backup failure. 

VJware - I did run your script, ran fine and for now have deselect the dlo DB from the backup.

I will wait until Friday to see if anyone has an idea on BEW 2010 can not backup a DLO 7.0 SQL DB.

Thanks

Server-tech
Level 4
Partner

I was reading things as I expected/wanted to see them.  I did not think until this morning to look under the BE SQL instance and found the BE_DLO DB listed under that instance offline.  I have detached that BE_DLO DB and removed it from the backup job.   All along I had been looking under the dlo sql instance......

So when you install the DLO 7.0 over an BE 2010 install be aware that the old  BE_DLO DB is not removed.  It is true I do not know what would happened if I had been able to install BE 2012 on the same service visit.

Thanks guys for the help.