cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors

Ben_Rollman
Level 3
Cataloged from last year, we've actually moved away from Backup Exec, but Legal needs some emails.  Restoring from tape to a different mailbox on the same server.  Three of four worked fine, but the last one gave that error message.  The mailbox currently exists but I can't restore directly do it for Legal reasons so it needs to be redirected.

Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors

Running 10d (10.1 rev 5629)

Link to V-79-57344-33928

The most relative article says the following:

1. Uninstall license keys, and agents for SharePoint, Exchange, and Active Directory Recovery Agent
2. Reboot the Media Server
3. Reinstall license keys, and agents for SharePoint, Exchange, and Active Directory Recovery Agent
4. Reboot the Media Server
5. Rerun the restore

I haven't used BE in about 9 months, I really don't want to have to find all the old license keys and remember how to reinstall them for Exchange.  Is that the only way to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Make sure the destination mailbox is active. Try send/receive messages to verify the same. Also, check the logon account, it must a mailbox associated and should have permissions to restore, typically exchange full administrator.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

Ben_Rollman
Level 3

I'll double check, but I want to stress there were three other restores previous that had no problems; within minutes.

Originally the plan was to restore to a new exchange group, but BE can't do that so I created a new ID in Active Directory and gave it a mailbox.  Then restored the Top of Information Exchange or whatever (has the inbox, sent items, deleted, etc) to that user.  Then I'd create a folder for the person and move all the messages there.  Back to BE, restore a 2nd one (because I can't specify where to send it, it goes into the folders that were created) move them to a new folder and so on.  On the fourth one it just stopped working, access denied for all folders and messages.  There's something about this specific user's mailbox that's a problem as I tried it with my own backed up mailbox and it worked fine.

Ben_Rollman
Level 3
(double post)

Ben_Rollman
Level 3
Additionally, what access is being denied?  I'm logged into the server running BE as a domain admin.  In any method I run this, that ID should have local, domain and exchange rights.  There's something about this specific user's mailbox that won't restore.  I can see it all in there, I just need to get it off the tape.