cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.

IT_SuperHero
Level 3
I can't seem to backup this one directory anymore. I checked the permissions and can access the directory without issue.

The directory was hidden, and while troubleshooting, I have made it visable, but BE seems to have an issue connectiing to it.

Job ended: Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 15:19:32
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- server.domainname.com Unable to attach to \\server.domainname.com\Finance$.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

I have tried removing this directory from the backup and readding it without success.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Marco_Schenk
Level 3

I have the same problem and same error:

Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link
V-79-57344-33932

Using Windows 2003 R2 server with Backupexec 11d SP3, I have 3 jobs that backup different folders on the same server. One job stopped suddenly working after almost a year working fine (Sooo typical for BE!).

I first restarted all services, the whole server and the NAS but no success. When running a "test run" or test recourse credentials everything works fine. As the other 2 jobs work just fine, I thought the job just might be corrupt so I deleted the job and created a new job. This worked fine for 2 days and then the same problem occured. Yesterday I did they same procedure again and after one successfull backup the same error comes back.

Of course the recourses do exist and are online. BE is installed on the same server as where the folders are. The folders are DFS folders and are sellected as share e.g. \\servername\database$\fo_data (because otherwise the backup is successfull without backing up any data when backing up a DFS folder)

Is there anyone on this planet that know how to fix this problem?