cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe00084b8

Shams_Khan
Level 2
Hi,
I am using Backup exec 11d on windows server. Lotus domino agent is already installed on backupexec server. when i am taking backup of lotus domino then it is skipping .nsf & .ntf files. backup exec is giving error 0xe00084b8. I am using Domino 6.5.3. I have Installed all the hotfixes for backupexec & it is fully updated.
Please help
5 REPLIES 5

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Shams -

I have seen this in the past and it does sometimes indicate an incorrect selection list entry when backing up the Lotus databases. Be sure you are backing the databases up via the Lotus Agent. Make sure you have not made entries via the installation volume.

If this has been checked and the selections are correctly made you can rebuild the Lotus Change Journal to attempt to resolve. Below is a tech note I have provided in reference how to rebuild the change journal. You will notice the tech note refers to the 10d directory. Simply replace the Veritas entries with Symantec and it should work for you.

Here is also a link for the Lotus Domino Best Practices in 11d:

I hope this helps!

- Jared

Shams_Khan
Level 2
Dear Jared,

Thanks for replying, I tried your solution but it is not working anymore. Please give me some other solution. I have seen alot of places that domino agent is working fine. Is there any special setting for domino clustering. Because I am running lotus domino in cluster. I can take backup from passive node but I am unable to take backup of active node.

Waiting for your prompt reply.

With regards,

Shams Khan

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Shams -

I am assuming this is a Microsoft Cluster Server cluster, correct?

Also, is the Lotus/Domino Agent installed on the Active node?

- Jared

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Also -

What OS are you using on the nodes?

Are you making the selection through the virtual server name of the cluster in the selection list?

- Jared

Shams_Khan
Level 2
Hi jared,
I am not using microsoft cluster service rather i am using lotus domino clustering. there is clustering between only lotus domino application. there is no clustering at OS level.
I am using windows 2003 sp1 and lotus domino 6.5 on both nodes. I have backup exec 11d.

Yesterday , symantec tech support gal had taken control of my backup server through webex and she did all the necessary registery settings and after spending 2 hours she said that use AOFO for online backup.
I want to know one thing I have licence for Lotus Domino agent then why should i take AOFO licence.
As I know, Lotus domino agent is made for online backup then it should work.
I have done all the settings in registery which is mentioned in link given by you.

Please give me some authentic solution.

thanks

shams khan