cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe00084ca - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

MSDI
Level 4

Hi,

I deployed the RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-1180.1162.tar.gz backup agent for Linux on 5 computers.

They all run Centos 7

On one of them there is always an error

An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in USB01. V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

There are a couple of articles on the community forum about this but I didn't find one that seems pertinent to my problem. I am running backup exec 15

Not sure if it's related or not, but during installation, there is an error about

​VxIF::Info:: Installing SymSnap Driver result: Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Symantec symbdsnap, build 3.1.0-54367.........................................................................................................................
This platform is not supported.  Exiting install.
VxIF::Error:: ERROR: Installing SymSnap Driver Failed.

Don't know why it says the platgorm is not supported. From the compatibility list, RHEL 7 is supported... Centos 7 is just a free version but it's binary compatible so... ?

Even with this error, files seems to be backup, but I don't trust the success we could have in an emergency restore :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

CentOS is not supported because it not been tested with BE.  Hence, if you choose to use CentOS, it is up to you to trouble-shoot any problems and Symantec is not responsible if your backup or restore fails.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Though CentOS isn't officially supported, this error seems be to storage-related. See if this KB helps - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH35908.html

Try creating a new Disk Storage on a local disk (instead of USB) and check if the backups are successful or not.