Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error:0xe00084fg

burakaltunok
Level 3

Hi everybody,

When I take backup I faced this problem,

"Final error:0xe00084fg - A communications failure has occured between the Backup Exec job engine and the Agent for Windows."

-Backup Exec 2012

-Window server 2008 R2

Do you have an idea for solution ?

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check the following

1) on the remote server, check that the remote agent service is running.  Also check the Windows Eventlog for any remote agent service failures.

2) open the remote agent utility and make sure that it is publishing correctly to the media server

3) make sure that you can ping from the media server to the remote server and vice-versa

4) make sure that there is no firewall blocking port 10000

5) on the remote server, check that there are no other applications using port 10000.

burakaltunok
Level 3

Thank you pkh your answer,

We check your suggestion and we did'nt faced any problem.If you have another idea or ideas,pls share with me.Thank you...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if there is an antivirus on that server in question, can you make sure that the AV isn't perhaps actively scanning beremote.exe and possibly even stopping it? If so, put in an exclusion for it and check.

Otherwise uninstall the RAWS agent, and then do a push-install again.

I assume that you can resolve the host name and IP address of of the media server from the remote server and vice versa?

Thanks!

burakaltunok
Level 3

When we take Full backup,we did'nt faced any problem,but take differential backup we get an error:

(Server: "BACKUPSRV") (Job: "pdkssrv Backup 00065-Differential") pdkssrv Backup 00065-Differential -- The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec SQL Agent was not used to create the last full, differential, or log backup of this database. You must use the SQL Agent to run a full backup before you can run a differential backup or transaction log backup.