cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred. LOTUS NOTES ISSUE AGAIN

Joji
Level 5
Job ended: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 12:09:11 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link
V-79-57344-65072

i got this error msg from my backup job for Lotus Domino servers. I followed the link and it only discusses about Exchange. Any documentations and fix for Lotus Domino? 
CROSSING MY FINGERS BIG TIME!

7 REPLIES 7

Exchange_Agent
Level 4
Im getting the same error but with Exchange and there is no solution for this.
Symantec I don't think have a support department they allow a few employees attempt to answer questions and as soon as it gets a bit technical more then restarting the service they refuse to respond!
Good luck in finding a solution.

BidBid_Guy
Not applicable
I've already installed 3 servers running Lotus Domino encounters the same error. It seems like choosing Backup Exec is a waste of money. Good luck on everyone having the same problem.

joshua_cauthen
Level 3

Same here, but with V-79-57344-65072 - The database server is not responding. Backup set canceled

My agents are claiming that 1 Database is corrupt, then skipping the remaining Databases until the end of the job.

iSols
Level 2
Same issue for one of my customers...

It appears only on 2 servers /9, All of them are Virtual Machines on VMWare, based on the same image, so it's not related to hardware/network card, drivers or OS...

If I check the Agent Service, it's running, restarting them solve the problem for the 2-3 days and the error reoccurs after..

Please solve this issue !!

joshua_cauthen
Level 3
I have resolved this issue on 2 of our Domino servers. 

For one, the errors disappeared after we removed the agent, upgraded to Win2k3 Sp2 and reinstalled the agent.

We tried the same thing on another server and there was no improvement.  Yesterday we broke down and stopped and removed the Lotus Agent, stopped Domino, backed up the data by hand, then removed Domino, rebooted, reinstalled Domino and reinstalled the Lotus Agent.  The errors have finally cleared up.

On a fairly small Lotus server a R/R, while not acceptable, isn't too difficult as long as the notes.ini and server.id file aren't lost or damaged.

As an aside:

I decided to write a nice letter to Symantec CEO John Thompson about Lotus Notes and 11d.

I faxed it away and a few days later someone contacted me to gather more information about the issue.

I provided all of these wonderful logs, screenshots, error messages.  I had clearly provided ticket numbers, software build information etc.

This guy just passed the buck.  The problem is that I didn't contact the wrong office, I contacted the CEO, one of his peons must have just picked a random lackey to assign my issue to.  I mean if the CEO knows and admits in magazine inteviews that there is a problem with Veritas support, surely they see messages like mine on a regular basis.  Anyhow as usual, call Tier1 and forget about the rest of your day.

Here is the reply:

Thank you for providing me with the required information.

Please note that the issue you are experiencing is with the corporate edition of Norton product and you have contacted the Symantec Authorized Customer Support Center for Consumer Products. I do not have access to information about Symantec's Enterprise Products, but I will be happy to direct you to an agent that does.

For assistance with your inquiry, please contact the Symantec Enterprise Customer Service department by either of the following methods:

Email: custservcorporate@symantec.com

Phone: 1-800-745-6054

Saurabh
Level 3
Hi Joji,

Please do the following:

(Assuming that Hotfix 4 is installed on the Backup Server and the remote agent is updated. On remote server verify the version of the file BEDSNOTE.DLL located at, C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS which should be 11.0.7170.4)

1. Stop Backup Exec services and also the remote agent service on the domino server (domino server, if remote)
2. On the Domino server, go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS rename the Logs folder to Logs.old and create a new Logs folder (Not to worry even if it's empty).
3. On the Domino server open the regedit and make changes to the following keys:
   HKLM>Software>Symantec>Backup Exec for Windows servers>Backup Exec>Engine>Domino

Change the Enable Change journal from 1 to 0
     Change the Enable Notes filtering from 1 to 0 

4. Start all the services and then attempt the backup.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Saurabh

Message Edited by Saurabh on 08-15-200710:39 PM

Naper_Admin
Level 3
I am using version 12 of BE and I am still having this issue.  As far as I can tell, I have all available updates to my BE server.  Any solution to this issue?