cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error description: Unable to attach to one of the drives

Bcipullo
Level 3

Hi,

We are facing some problems to complete the backup job!

JOB COMPLETION STATUS
Job ended: Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 11:53:29 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error code: a000848c HEX
Final error description: Unable to attach to one of the drives.

Final error category: Resource Errors

ERRORS:
OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
OFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume.
OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER\E:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
OFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).

OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\BACKUPSERVER\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).

EXCEPTIONS: (What do it means? Exceptions was not backuped? )

OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER1\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
OFO: Backup Exec failed to establish communication with the Advanced Open File Option component.  A reinstallation of the Advanced Open File Option is probably necessary.
OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER2\Softteam". Advanced Open File Option used: Yes.
OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffe1f): The device cannot be found.
OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVERINVOICE\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Yes.
OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffe1f): The device cannot be found.
Unable to open the item \\SERVERINVOICE\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\master.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\SERVERINVOICE\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\mastlog.ldf - skipped.
OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER2\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
OFO: Volume specified is not snappable. Possible reasons: Not a fixed drive, or contains an active cache file or does not have a valid source or is write protected.

Tks

4 REPLIES 4

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer the following threads and try the workaroung mentioned in those.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89771

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29418

Hope this helps...

Thanks...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What is the version of BE that you are using and what is the OS of the media server?

Bcipullo
Level 3

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the answer. Sorry for the delay, it my first time on forum.

TECH29418 - My version is 9.0 but i can´t find the HKEY "DoSingleVolumeSnap".

TECH89771 -
I did this procedure on the local backup server. ll test it today.

But in another server, i try to reach it with the AOFO wizard and it answer that AOFO not appear to be installed corectly on that server. But on that server (locally) thebackup exec is installed.

Tks

Bcipullo
Level 3

Hi Dear,

Someone to help?

tks