cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall Port Settings on BE2014

DASFTP
Level 4

Hello,

I'm tyring to figure out which ports need to be open on a backup agent located behind a firewall.  Per an older symantec document:

Backup Exec agent browser uses 6101

Backup Exec Remote Agent uses 6103

Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows system uses 10000.

Is there other ports that should be open?

Thanks,

DAS

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See this document http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43579

View solution in original post

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You can set the dynamic range yourself (there is a setting inside Backup Exec to control it) however what you have quoted would be the default. (don;t reduce teh raneg too far suggest at eats 30 in the range (more if your environment is large)

Be aware that that this dynamic range (as well as port 10000) is outbound from the media server to listening ports on the remote servers.

However Port 6101 listens on the media server so is the opposite direction.

Also push installing remote agent software needs specific (different)  ports as do things like VMware environments, CASO setups etc.

I

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You also need to open a dynamic range of ports for the backup itself. The document you have should give you this range

DASFTP
Level 4

I can't seem to locate the dymanic range in the article, do you have it by chance?

DASFTP
Level 4

1025 - 65535 i see in another article. Does this dynamic range look correct?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See this document http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43579

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You can set the dynamic range yourself (there is a setting inside Backup Exec to control it) however what you have quoted would be the default. (don;t reduce teh raneg too far suggest at eats 30 in the range (more if your environment is large)

Be aware that that this dynamic range (as well as port 10000) is outbound from the media server to listening ports on the remote servers.

However Port 6101 listens on the media server so is the opposite direction.

Also push installing remote agent software needs specific (different)  ports as do things like VMware environments, CASO setups etc.

I

DASFTP
Level 4

Thanks for the help