cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time User Open File Agent

Dave_Baker
Not applicable
I have just installed BU Exec 9.1 + Advanced Open File Agent onto a New Server running Windows SBS 2000 + SP4 + Exch SP3

So far so good. As far as I can tell everything installed fine but when I ran a test backup I got the following error...

The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

3 file(s) were skipped.
Advanced Open File Option snapshot failed.
NOTE: The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option. However, files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the Media Server EXCHANGE01 is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option.

I can't seem to find out what files were skipped and I can not see anything else wrong.

I only have the one server and all the software is freshly installed ?
1 REPLY 1

Varsha
Level 6
The following requirements must be in place in order to use the Advanced Open File Option.

If the Advanced Open File Option is to be used locally, then the media server must have Advanced Open File Option license installed properly.

The volumes you want to back up with the Advanced Open File Option must have enough free disk space to start the AOFO operation. Free disk space should at least equal the size of the backup job being backed up.

The Advanced Open File Option loads a filter driver named vsp.sys, which must be present. Verify if the Advanced Open File Option driver, which is named vsp.sys, is present. The vsp.sys should be located in %systemroot%\system32\drivers.

In addition, restart the media server and verify the results. Also stop the Anti-virus services during the backup job.Message was edited by:
Abhinav