Not applicable

Hi,
I have Backup Exec 12.0.

I have:

- 1 BE server (on Windows 2008)
- 1 file server (on Windows 2003)
- 2 SQL 2000 (on Windows 2003)
- 1 SQL 2008 (on Windows 2003)
- 1 Sharepoint servers (on Windows 2008)
- 1 Exchange 2010 server (on Windows 2008)
- 1 robotic library (with only one drive)

I have a HDD that contains a number of Full Backups I wish to move to a new HDD.  Is it a simple matter of copying files from one HDD to the other (Keeping Location and folder Structure in tact) or is there a solution for this in the Software it's self?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You could just copy and inventory as Amol suggests.  That would certainly be the easiest on you (though you would have to catalog all the files as well as inventorying them)

But Symantec recommends DUPLICATING data  between B2D folders if at all possible.

With a large B2D device and lots of data, it could take a while to set up all the DUP jobs, tho I suppose that you could play around with BEMCMD to do it via scripting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Copy all the B2D files from old to new HDD.

In BE console point existing B2D folder to the new HDD and then perform an inventory.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You could just copy and inventory as Amol suggests.  That would certainly be the easiest on you (though you would have to catalog all the files as well as inventorying them)

But Symantec recommends DUPLICATING data  between B2D folders if at all possible.

With a large B2D device and lots of data, it could take a while to set up all the DUP jobs, tho I suppose that you could play around with BEMCMD to do it via scripting