cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force remove Non existent Backup Sets.

GROBSON
Level 4

Hi,

I have a list of backup sets in Backup Exec 2014 that have been manually deleted at some point form the storage. How can I force delete the backup sets from the backup set list?

I have tried running an inventory on the storage device, and also tried manually expiring the backup sets (they had already expired). I have also enabled the "Allow backup exec to delete all backups" option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
These backup sets are orphaned and I think they need to be edited out of the BEDB. You would need to log a sort case to do so. You should always delete the backup sets using the BE console. This will automatically delete them from the disk storage as well

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
These backup sets are orphaned and I think they need to be edited out of the BEDB. You would need to log a sort case to do so. You should always delete the backup sets using the BE console. This will automatically delete them from the disk storage as well

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You probably will have to remove the catalog associated files. If you check the properties of the "expired" backup set, you would see a reference to a .fh file

You could locate this .fh file in the catalog directory and removing them should remove the information from the backup set view as well.

Would recommend to log a formal support case or if you prefer doing this on your own, do disable DLM and backup the catalog directory before removing any entries.