cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing all backups to end by a certain time?

Jasen
Level 3
 Hello.  Running backup Exec 11d.  I need a way to globally set my backup window to end at 8am EVERY weekday.  As in, if jobs don't finish by 8am on weekdays, they need to be automatically canceled.  

I'm unable to find this option and I'd prefer not to have to edit every backup job.  Is there a way to set this globally?

Jasen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
You can't set a time for jobs to be cancelled by, but you can set a maximum duration for a job. You can get your task done through that way I guess

Mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marksw
Level 5
You can't set a time for jobs to be cancelled by, but you can set a maximum duration for a job. You can get your task done through that way I guess

Mark

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

that should be great, I'm having a problem w/ 2 (windows 2003 servers) that starts and keep stuck in the drive forever.

something about N-lite genterated ISO,s  but if I could stop all the jobs higher that 5 hours that should help me a lot.

I made a script (that is in the download section) that returns the average time that a policy stays active, very usefull to set the global maximum time.

I'm waiting for that solution too.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Go into:

Tools --> Options --> Priority and Availability...

There is a setting called "Enable automatic cancellation for selection list"...from here you can set when a backup job cancels if not completed within x-number of hours. You would just work those hours out from the time that your backup job starts, ie:

* Job starts at 9PM
* Job needs to stop at 8AM the next day...
* Cancel backup job if not completed within: 11 hours

Laters!

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Thanks a lot, I'll test it up and post the results