cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrate.... BackupExec 12.5 continuous failed to complete and the job elapsed time runs infinitely

frankie_lee
Level 2

There is not problem for almost 1 year. But recently, the BackupExec 12.5 failed to complete and the job elapsed time runs infinitely. I can cancel the job but once I repeat the backup it didnt learn to stop again. I eliminated the volume grow too big because even if backup only one file it failed to complete.

I have download and installed the hotfix and confirm that the patch is up-to-dated.

It's such trouble and our company didn't have backup for almost 1 month! Please help! Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

From your posts on the other discussions, I assume that you are using a tape library.

1) When your jobs are waiting to complete, check whether there are any outstanding alerts.  If there are, respond to them.

2) Do a backup of a small directory to disk and see whether that completes.

3) Stop all the BE services and use your tape manufacturer's diagnostic utility to test the tape library.  Make sure you choose the write test.

4) Use Liveupdate and update your BE.  After doing the update, restart both the tape library as well as the media server.

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

Verify if RSM is disabled and stopped.

Try, a job with anti-virus stopped.

Check if you are using Symantec tape drives.

Clean the tape drive.

Run a backup with new tapes.

Regards,

JoaoMatos