cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Backup taking more time to complete

TS10
Level 3

Hi all,

can you please tell me the reasons that why full backup suddenly started taking approx double the time it usually takes but the byte count is same as before and also the rate with which it runs is also same.

Please provide me the solutions for backup Exec.

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the target device? Is it a B2D folder or a tape drive?

Do you see any alerts while the backup job is running?

Compare old and current job log to identify which resource is taking long to backup.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Please compare the two job logs to see where the time is spent.

If the size and speed are the same, then I would assume that the longer job spent time waiting.  Possibly waiting for a tape drive to become available, possibly waiting for a media to be come available, possibly waiting for someone to respond to an alert...

TS10
Level 3

@AmolB: yes its a B2D backup.No it is not giving any alert.I have compared but found nothg Except job started late.but then again a difference of 10 hours was there.

TS10
Level 3

@Larry Fine: I have compared but no job is taking more time to backup.and no its not an issue with tape drive because we have a storage box with sufficient storage

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked why the job started late and how long the job was queued?

TS10
Level 3

Actually Job took 27 hours more to complete.I checked and found that since there was no overwritable media so jab started 17 hours later than it usually starts...but then i am not able to understand that how does that there is a difference of 10 hours more