cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full backup are missing files in the folder windows.

Lejre
Level 2

Hello

I'am new to BE 2012, so perhaps this is a stupid question.

I have taken a full backup of a Windows 2008R2 server. But if I want to restore Fx write.exe, and regedit.exe from the windows folder. I can not find the files.

I have tried to use the restore wizard, browse and search, but the files is not to be found.

Any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

These files are found in system state.  You got to re-direct the restore of the system state to get these files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If these are classified as part of the System State then Automatic File Exclusion (AFE) might apply

Try backing up the System State, then redirect the restore of the system state to a temp folder. Then take a look at what has been restored

pkh
   VIP    Certified

These files are found in system state.  You got to re-direct the restore of the system state to get these files.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Windows 2008 automatically filters certain files/exe's into Volume Shadow Copy Components.

Herewith a NetBackup TN, but the principal is the same since this a Windows function and not the Backup Application: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76997

Ignore the references to bpbkar (NBU log). 
The rest can be used as Windows tools are described to get a complete list of files and folders which are filtered into Shadow Copy Components.

Lejre
Level 2

Thanks for the help