cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full backup when changed Folder Securities

Sachin_Malvi
Level 2

Dear All,

I am using Backup Executive 2010. When I change Folder Securities , the Symantec Backup executive performs the Full Backup of the folder whose Security has been changed. Please help me for resolving this issue.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it might be doing this if it resets the details on the files themselves, causing BE to see them as being new and needing to be backed up.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This behaviour is correct. When anything about a file, including security, changes, it needs to be backed up. Suppose the file with the new security is not backed up and you need to do a restore, the backup copy of the file with the old security is restored and you loose the new security

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it might be doing this if it resets the details on the files themselves, causing BE to see them as being new and needing to be backed up.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This behaviour is correct. When anything about a file, including security, changes, it needs to be backed up. Suppose the file with the new security is not backed up and you need to do a restore, the backup copy of the file with the old security is restored and you loose the new security