cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full backups do not display in the Restore Job task

Linwood_Wright
Level 4
They were there until about a week ago, but now they are no where to be found. I can't remember making any configuration changes in Veritas within the last few weeks.
10 REPLIES 10

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can try forcing BackupExec to re-index the catalogs

See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272886.htm

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-Is the full backup successful or failed with any error ?
-did the Technote given in last reply help? have you tried recataloging ?
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272886.htm

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Linwood_Wright
Level 4
I just reindexed the catalogs per the instructions in the KB article. The Full backups do not show up still.

Failed - all of my full backups for this drive show as failed. Its 1.5TB, so there is always something that causes it to be a failure.

New information - I ran a full backup last night - and it is showing up in the Restore task.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Is your issue resolved? Please update so that we could continue further troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Linwood_Wright
Level 4
No - it is not resolved.

New information pertaining to this problem. I performed a restore from a Full backup yesterday. Today, I went to restore from a Full backup, but none were listed again. This is quite a weird problem and I would really like to get it fixed.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What are the contents of the \Catalogs Directory?

What are the dates of the files?

Linwood_Wright
Level 4
the files are .fh and .img

the dates start at 2/18 and continue up to today.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Please perform a repair database. Open BEUTILITY.EXE from \program files\veritas\backup exec\NT.

Select All media server by right clicking, add the media server and select repair database from the task pane on the left.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Linwood_Wright
Level 4
That didn't seem to make a difference.

I think the problem lies in the fact that the overwrite protection period was set to none.

If this is true, then I doubt the backups are recoverable.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

It is strongly recommended that careful consideration should be made before setting the media overwrite protection level to None. When the overwrite protection level is set to None, all media is subject to being overwritten regardless of media set, overwrite protection period, append period, or any other property.

You may refer to the below technote.
(title)The basics of Advanced Device and Media Management for Backup Exec for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/192265

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.