cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT Error restore Exchange

Dmitry_Vasilyev
Level 3

Hello. I'm tested symantec 2014 ver 14.1. We need to backup our Exchange databases and want to see your product for this. We have a virtual machines on a Hyper-v 2012 R2 server and the guest Os is 2008 R2. On the first guest installed Exchange 2010 with all roles (CAS, HUB and Mailbox) also we have DAG and on another server installed only Mailbox Role. Symantec backup exec installed on a physical server with Windows server 2012 R2. Agent already installed on exchange servers. I'm create a new backup job and backup database from DAG, it's work OK, but when i want restore GRT (only one letter to the original location) received error: Cannot open one or more mail messages because of unknown Exchange Web Service errors. Review the job log for more information. I'm trying to edit the hosts file on server with all roles, but still receive the error. What's my problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Debugging is required on all Exchange role servers. Would you pls enable debugging on all servers and post the log. Do post the EWS log as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

VJware
Level 6

Hope the DAG was backed up as a physical server using the Remote Agent and not the Hyper-V agent.

Is the backup on Disk or Tape ? If tape, run a duplicate job from tape to disk and then attempt the restore.

And in the restore wizard, have you tried running a redirected restore to the CAS server?

Dmitry_Vasilyev
Level 3

Backup located on the disk. I'm creating backup by pressing left mouse button on a server in a list with name of my DAG and choose one time backup. When i push restore button i see all my database, my mailbox and folders. I select the letter for restore and select option "to original location", then next, next and receive error. How running redirected restore?

Link in my error

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=answers&startover=y&question_box=V-79-57344-959

Dmitry_Vasilyev
Level 3

Now i'm trying a full restore database and it's work ok. The GRT not working, can anybody help me?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are you using Advanced Open File Option?

Thanks!

Dmitry_Vasilyev
Level 3

Yes, when i configure backup options by default select "Use snapshot technology" and snapshot provider is Automatic - Allow Vss to select the snapshot provider. But this is options for backup, but not for restore. GRT is work ok, i see a mailboxes and letters in backup database, but when i'm trying to restore the letter to existing database i receiving error:

Cannot open one or more mail messages because of unknown Exchange Web Service errors. Review the job log for more information.

I have a log file for restoring attempt but is big, upload it?

VJware
Level 6

Ideally, AOFO should not be enabled for Exchange backups.

Regarding the restore, choose the option to restore to a different location and specify your CAS server. See if the restore completes successfully or not.

Dmitry_Vasilyev
Level 3

I'm tried to disable AOFO in a backup and nothing changed. I'm tried to restore backup in different location and input the name of my CAS Server, then i input the name of mailbox and problem not go away. My CAS and Primary mailbox server on one server and copy of mailbox on another server.

I'm trying to edit the hosts file on server with all roles, but still receive the error.

It's a link of my GRT debugging log http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/557762/Error-GRT-log.html

VJware
Level 6

Debugging is required on all Exchange role servers. Would you pls enable debugging on all servers and post the log. Do post the EWS log as well.

Dmitry_Vasilyev
Level 3

Thank you very much. When i'm running sgmon on exchange server i see that backup server attempt to connect to CAS via invoke-command comandlet and it not work. I input the winrm qc command on the exchange servers and GRT now work ok.