cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT Mechanism

bellez
Level 3

yestday i try to use backup exec GRT to restore a single mail. but restore failed, the job log said insufficient disk space. after search some referances that i konw when you use GRT restore a single file you need a staging directory on your media server, default C:/TEMP.  when you restore a single mail some metadata will first write to the c:/temp, then write to the device which you want. someone could tell me about GRT's mechanism,

the size of the mail is about 10k

free space of c disk: 10G

backup exec version: 2010 r2

later i restore another mail(size: 1k) successful, then i am a litter confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No limit, it will restore the complete EDB. Check the size of the database in the logs to make sure to have enough free space available.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Backup Exec will restore the complete EDB to disk, and then extract the mail(s) you selected for restore.

Change the temp directory in Backup Exec to a drive with enough free space for the EDB.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Staging is done if you are doing the restore from tape.  To avoid staging problem, you can duplicate the backup from tape to disk first.

bellez
Level 3

thank you very much,

yes, need to change the temp directory. i want to konw the free size of the disk at the least when the Backup Exec restore the complete EDB to the temp directory on the disk, or there is no limit?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No limit, it will restore the complete EDB. Check the size of the database in the logs to make sure to have enough free space available.