cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT Restore Problem - Failing to restore email

msd-ben
Level 2

Hi all

I'm new to this so please bear with me! I have inherited Backup Exec 12.5 in our organisation (i have only limited knowledge of the product unfortunately), however i am running into an issue with trying to restore a mailbox folder for a particular. I have done alot of reading on the forums here, and tried a few different things, however i'm still getting nowhere.

The error i'm getting is:
====================

Job Completion Status
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084b7 - A backup set was created which contains no data. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Job Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33975

Errors:
Restore- msd-sbsV-79-57344-33029 - Error - Mount failed.
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.
V-79-57344-33029 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media
====================

The setup we have is Backup Exec 12.5 is on our filesever, and our exchange server (2007) resides on a SBS2008 server which has the backup exec remote agent installed on it. I have tested to make sure that the resource credentials work okay.

We currently save the backup of the SBS server to a 'Backup to Disk Folder'.which resides on a NAS drive. We don't use tape backups anymore as the tape loader eventually gave up over a year ago.

Does anyone have any gems of information that may help me to resolve this at all? Any assistence or pointers would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you catalogged the media and made sure that the date range for the restore is correct?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the B2D folder contain IMG folders and .bkf files corresponding to the date which you are trying to restore from ?

msd-ben
Level 2

Hi both

I tried to cataloging a backup from yesterday - which worked fine, however after double checking the backup day was correct and trying to restore a test mailbox folder i still seem to be running into the same issue.

I have selected the folder i want to restore, tested the resource credentials (first storage group says: 'Successful - used server credentials'), and clicked 'run now'.

The job in job monitor then starts saying 'Initalizing' for a few seconds before saying: "Restore 00128 -- The job failed with the following error: A backup set was created which contains no data. See the job log for details."

Details again report:
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084b7 - A backup set was created which contains no data. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Job Errors

V-79-57344-33029 - Error - Mount failed.
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.
V-79-57344-33029 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

I have checked the NAS where the backup to disk folder is pointing and this has a number of .bkf files as well as some folders which begin with 'IMG' followed by a series of numbers.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the IMG folders contain data in them ?

Secondly, this error can also occur if the BE account doesn't have all requisites for restore (credentials test doesn't check all requisites).  Pls ensure all requisites are met as per - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH51740.html