cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT Restore fails with "insufficient memory"

elkgrovecity
Level 2
We are restoring a users inbox from a full backup using GRT. We can select the items we need to restore, the job initializes, loads the media and immediately fails. The final error is 0xe0008442, which apparently is an insufficient memory error. The job log points us to V-79-57344-33858 however none of the support documents listed apply. Any ideas on how I can restore these items?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ReVeR
Level 4
Even when you restore a single email from tape, it stages everything in a temporary folder in the Media server. So make sure you have enough space to hold the IS in your Media server before running a restore. The default location is C:/Temp, but you can change that from the Exchange options within BE.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

chicojrman
Level 6

Try this: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289797.htm

elkgrovecity
Level 2
I went through that one. I get the same error no matter which logon we use :(

ReVeR
Level 4
Even when you restore a single email from tape, it stages everything in a temporary folder in the Media server. So make sure you have enough space to hold the IS in your Media server before running a restore. The default location is C:/Temp, but you can change that from the Exchange options within BE.

elkgrovecity
Level 2
This is an older server that only has a C drive unfortunately and it is set to be replaced in the new fiscal year in a few months. As a solution, could I add an external drive to it and map the temp folder to it? I have had issues with drive mappings and bu exec before.

ReVeR
Level 4
Hi, USB External drive will not work for GRT staging. It must to a be a local NTFS disk with  enough space to mount the virtual exchange information store.

Regards,