cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT Restore of Hyper-V

JimM
Level 3

Hi All,

I'm urgently trying to restore individual files from my Hyper-V backups. 

I'm using Backup Exec 2010 R2. The backups are directed to a removable USB disk device.

When I'm trying to restore the individual files to either the VM or redirected to the local backup server the job will complete but nothing is ever restored. In my job everything is selected for GRT restores and I can drill down through the VM's fine. This happens for every VM that has been backed up from the Hyper-V host. The media catalogs fines...The restore starts then just automatically completes with no errors and no data.

If I create a test B2D folder on a local drive, back up a VM and try the restore it works fine. It just will not restore the individual files from the USB device. No problems are noted in the backup jobs. The only thing I can do at the moment is try and mount the whole VHD in another Hyper-V server and grab the files I need. 

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Jim.

1 REPLY 1

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Make sure you have all the hotfixes and patches installed  eg Hotfix 354451 I beleive it was for similar issue but with VMware..

After installing all the hotfixes , try running the Grt backup again and check if the restore works ...

You can try duplicating the job to local back to disk folder and see if the restore works .

Also check the compatibility for the USB drive used .