cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT recovery

mghomer
Level 6

Hi all,

just trying to test a restore some files.

I have add our vcenter to the BE2012 and backuped a server within this vcenter 5.1 with grt option. ANd I have installed a agnet to this server of course.

Now if i try to restore some file and not a comlete vm guest i see only the option to restore the whole guest.

Not sure what Im doig wrong? or I have separatly to create a job to backup the server via agent?

Hope you can help 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is expected if the restore is initiated from the vCenter. Under the Backup & Restore list, see if you can find a listing for the VM itself. If yes, initiate a restore from this VM and you would have the option to recover individual files/folders (GRT restore)

This article should help as well - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-individual-filesfolders-vm-backup

mghomer
Level 6

Hi,

there is no this vm listed under "Backup and Restore". In this list I see only the VCenter listed and under the VCenetr i have this vm mashine.

Doest it means I have to create 2 Jobs? one for Files( over the agent) and a second job for the vm guest file. In this case the GRT option does not make sense

lmosla
Level 6

You should be able to see the individual file if you click on the server (NETBIOS) name. Don't click on the ESX host.

Make sure you have run all the Live Updates and repushed the remote agent to your remote servers