cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 'Access Denied' error when installing 2010 remote agent on 2003 DC

Jason_Bolick_2
Not applicable
I have the 12.5 agent running on the server now. I attempted to upgrade it and get the Access Denied error. I tried to install the agent directly from the RAW32 folder and get the same error. I don't want to remove the 12.5 agent fearing that the 2010 ver will not load and I am getting a backup now but with the error that the agent needs to be upgraded. Any thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If you have an antivirus running, stop the services and processes and try again.
You might also look into whether or not a policy is stopping the installation of new software...preventing it from making system changes.

SystemsAdminAS
Level 5
Jason,

I would uninstall it and reinstall the 2010 agent clean - as of now you can't really be sure if the installation was complete or not.  Your selection lists, etc should still be OK on your BE server (I'm assuming you have BE running on another server and your 2003 DC has the remote agent).

Do you have the installation media available?  Once clean installed, I would either use the bulk update utility to update the agent, or do what you did by copying the RAWS folder from the BE server to the agent server and updating manually.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any news here?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
On the remote server browse to C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application data\Symantec\Backup exec\logs and check the exact error

message in "BKUPINST.htm" scroll down to the extreme bottom of the page, the latest log will be located there.

Try to run the setup.exe with local admin account.