cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Average Size of Backups

nomisAdmin
Level 2

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Backup Exec, I've used it a few times in the past, but this new job has some major backup issues that i'm trying to sort through and resolve.  I've also recently discovered the awesomness of the CLI tool and hopefully someone out there will have a quick/simple answer.

Our tape library (Dell PowerVault) is dead, and prior to my employment the backups have just been failing for a month or so.  I've managed to get some of our more important servers backing up to a NAS for the time being.  I'd like to propose some solutions to my boss and it would be helpful if i could find a way to get an average size of my backup jobs prior to their failing.

All I think I'd need for the time being is the backup job name, the type of backup and the size of the backup for each successful backup over the last few months.  I can average from there, but if the CLI can do the average too that would be great.  Oh, and elapsed time would be helpful to so I can make sure to change the backup schedules so that things dont get skipped.

With this info, I could figure out what kind of tape library to get and how many tapes, etc so I can get an approval to purchase and get ourselves protected from disaster.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i can pick up the scripting pretty quick, so even helpful pointers would go a long way.

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Take a look at the Get_BEJobHistory cmdlet

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Take a look at the Get_BEJobHistory cmdlet

nomisAdmin
Level 2

Thanks, I managed to find what I was looking for after I came across the Get-Members cmdlet, which let me see what properties I could display.  Thanks for your help!