cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Duplicate Email Notifications After Job Completion. BE 2012

jrb1027
Level 2

After migrating our Backup Exec 2012 media server to a new server, we are now getting duplicate job completion emails for all backup jobs. The only place I have an email notification set to be sent is under each backup jobs notification setting. Under Alerts and Notifications I do not have any Alert Categories set to send email notifications. I actually have the Job Success category disabled here, and that's the one I'm having trouble with.

I followed the instructions for the migration using this article - www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129826, and I even deleted and recreated my backup jobs per this article - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH191907. Needless to say I am at a loss as to why I am getting duplicate email notifications, so any help you folks can provide will be much appreciated. Below is the alert I am getting duplicates of for one of our jobs.

Backup Exec Alert: Job Success (Server: "NEEDLES") (Job: "needles-Full")

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You may try this workaround ~

Create a contact for the external user from Domain B in your Domain A (Where BE is installed). Then add Domain B email address under alias for this contact with a linked mailbox.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6

See if this helps ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH196624

jrb1027
Level 2

Thanks VJ!

By removing the one recipient that was on a different domain fixed the duplicate message issue. However, this means I won't be able to send notifications to this off domain person. Are there any work arounds for this?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

You may try this workaround ~

Create a contact for the external user from Domain B in your Domain A (Where BE is installed). Then add Domain B email address under alias for this contact with a linked mailbox.

jrb1027
Level 2

That will work, but I was curious if there was a solution within Backup Exec. My email notifications worked perfectly before I migrated to a different server, and I didn't need to create an alias on my Exchange server. No worries though; the solution provided is simple and will work just as well.

Thank you!