cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an exception while backing up large VM

teich
Level 2

Backup Set Detail Information
VMware vcbMounter job started to export virtual machine 'Example'. Saturday, October 04, 2008 at 6:25:49 PMVMware vcbMounter job to export virtual machine 'Example' ended successfully. Saturday, October 04, 2008 at 10:05:43 PMV-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images:

Backup Set Summary
Backed up 275 files in 1 directory.Processed 342777083878 bytes in  5 hours,  13 minutes, and  18 seconds.Throughput rate: 1043 MB/minCompression Type: Hardware

the size is about what we expected this vm's data to be

Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- VMVCB::\\virtualcenter\VCGuestVm\(DC)Example(DC)\vm\Example
V-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images:
13 REPLIES 13

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Take a look at the technote below. 

http://support.veritas.com/docs/311194

EinsteinTaylor
Level 3
I'm having the same issue with several different servers.  I have read the knowledge base and neither situation applies.  This failure is happening on Server 2003 machines that have 2 volumes (i.e.. a C: and a D: drive)

teich
Level 2
neither apply to me either the machine in question is a Windows Server 2003 machine with 2 volumes also

EinsteinTaylor
Level 3
I have opened a ticket with VMWare and it has been escalated past the engineers and test team.  I'm expecting a callback tomorrow, so if I hear anything I will let you know.  I'm sure a lot of people will be in need of this fix.

EinsteinTaylor
Level 3
In my previous post I of course meant Symantec and not VMWare is where I've opened the trouble ticket.  It's been escalated to the backline engineers and log files and what not are being gathered.  Will update...

tkilla
Not applicable
Partner

Having a similar problem: Sichern- VMVCB::\\SWBAK01\VCGuestVm\(DC)Schwechat(DC)\vm\Discovered Virtual Machine\S1002
V-79-57344-38721 - Ein oder mehrere virtuelle Festplattenabbilder konnten nicht geladen werden:

(sorry, our customer is using a german installation of BE)

14 Dateien in 1 Verzeichnis gesichert.157311007985 Byte verarbeitet in 5 Stunden, 5 Minuten und 37 Sekunden.Durchsatzrate: 491 MB/Min.Komprimierungstyp: Hardware 

I'm also in contact the the symantec support, although they seem not to have any idea at the moment. If i get any solution on this, i will let you know a.s.a.p.

Kind regards.

Tina_sdfgsdf
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've the same problem :(

Have you already got a sollution?

Regards

EinsteinTaylor
Level 3
I've been working with their top VMWare guy, and so far he has been able to duplicate it only when backing up to tape.   Still waiting on some resolution.

DanieleZ
Level 2
Partner Accredited
i've the same problem in the windows 2003/2008 machine. windows 2000  and xp is ok.

marco_campana
Level 3
I've got the same problem, but it appears randomly.

I've got 10 VM (2 win 2008 x64 sp2, 1 win 2008 x86 sp2, 6 win 2003 x86 sp2 and 1 win 2003 x64 sp2).
Everytime i run the backup job i get different results:
sometimes i get the error message Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images for 2 VM and the other complete succesfully, sometim...

marco_campana
Level 3
 I installed the patch described here in the docs http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/327135.htm but the error persist....

No news from anyone?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Marco: Log as a new forum post...this 1 is ancient.

marco_campana
Level 3
 Ok, thank you.