cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error e0009b61 the logon account has invalid credentials

jlpennypacker
Level 3

I am using Backup Exec 12.5 and I have 2 jobs set up.   One job runs Monday thru Thursday the other runs on Fridays.    I am getting the error above only on the Monday thru Thursday job, and only on Tuesday thru Thursday does it give me the error.   Why would it work on Mondays and not the rest....no different login for either one...

Not sure how to fix it, when it works one day and not the other.....Any one have a suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jlpennypacker
Level 3

I changed the RESOURCE CREDENTIALS and everything is working fine now.   Not sure why it wasn't working the way it had been, but it is now.   Thanks everyone for the help!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Can you delete the job on tuesday thru thursday, and create a copy of the working day to create a new job for tue / thur ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is it failing on the same resource, and if so, are there any maintenance tasks running on the Monday when the backup job runs?

jlpennypacker
Level 3

It is on the same resources, I have deleted and recreated jobs and the same errors come back.  Just don't understand why it works one day and not the other. 

jlpennypacker
Level 3

I have deleted and recreated and get the same thing happening with the new ones, works one day and than not the next....

yarossan
Level 4

Maybe the user you are using doesn't has permission to access the computer. The Selection is same for both jobs?

yarossan
Level 4

Did you run the test job? right button on the job and Run Test... and you can do other test in right click on job, properties, resources and click TEST ALL

CraigV

...if you post within minutes of a previous post, just edit that 1...wink

yarossan
Level 4

I forgot it =/

jlpennypacker
Level 3

I went in and did a test run on the job and am getting the same error there.....looks like the account doesn't have access....but the day before it ran okay, and nothing has changed with the password or access right.   And tomorrow it will probably run okay....

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you already tried my suggestion i made in the first reply:

Can you delete the job on tuesday thru thursday, and create a copy of the working day to create a new job for tue / thur ?

CraigV

...any AV scans running on the days that the backup fails that might be denying access?

jlpennypacker
Level 3

I deleted the job and tried to create new one again, now getting a message that says not able to connect to server, so I cannot make any selections of what I want to backup......I know this has to be a security issue with the account or something, just not figuring it out at all.   Now I have made it worse.

CraigV

OK, so try this then...

1. Make  a copy of your Domain Admin account and call it something unique (like svcbackup). Make sure it has a unique mail address, and that the mailbox is activated.

2. Create a new job/policy and selection list exactly the same as your current jobs. Don't copy any existing selection list/job/policy.

3. Run the jobs and see if you get the same error...

THanks!

jlpennypacker
Level 3

I changed the RESOURCE CREDENTIALS and everything is working fine now.   Not sure why it wasn't working the way it had been, but it is now.   Thanks everyone for the help!