cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with Backup Exec 11d

Jamey_Lawson
Level 2
As a new user to Backup Exec 11d I've managed to install the software on a Windows 2003 Server, but am now at a standing still without a clue as to where or how to begin configuring and setting up the software.

I've looked all over Symantec's site and can find any documentation or step-by-step guide to their software. I've looked through their manual and while it's informative it doesn't really aid in setting up the software.

I'm trying to back up to a folder and then to a SuperLoader3. When it's all said and done I'll need to back up around 17 servers (plus remotes) including an Exchange server.

Could anyone point me in the right direction or provide me with a site, PDF, or any documentation on setting up this software?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.
3 REPLIES 3

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
The manual is on the installation cd, so if you downloaded it then you are in a bit of trouble.

I would start with the best practices guides which you can get from the knowledge base, there are guides for exchange, sql, windows servers etc.

Jamey_Lawson
Level 2
Yea, we downloaded the software from Symantec's site. I have the Administrator's Guide... Is that different from the Manual?

I'll give the Best Practices guides a shot and see if that sheds any light for me.

Thanks for the help so far!

Simon_Gadsby
Level 4
Partner