cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost Explorer: Open filename: @CD-R2 (?)

Wayne_Patnode
Level 2
I decided to take my dual 250gb SATA drives and setup a RAID1 volume, however before doing so, I had decided to also make a ghost image of my data so it could be salvaged later on. So I created an image using the "Image from Partition" option, and chose all 3 partitions on the drive.

Drive Partitions:
Dell Diagnostic
NTFS
Dell Utility

My ghost image did not all fit onto my external 160gb drive as intended, so Norton Ghost prompted me for another disk to store the image onto. I dug out my DVD+R spindle and went to town with it.

My image consists of:
DISK 1 (external HDD):
The original filename "12-28-2006 (backup) 001.gho"
Miscellaneous files: "12-28001.ghs" through "12-28076.ghs"

DISK 2 (DVD+R):
Miscellaneous files: "CDR00001.gho" through "CDR00005.gho"

DISK 3 (DVD+R):
Miscellaneous files: "CDR00006.gho" through "CDR00010.gho"

DISK 4 (DVD+R):
Last file in the image: "CDR00011.gho"

My First Problem (Plan A):
It will not allow me to restore the image to the RAID1 volume. When choosing to image "Disk from Partition" I get an "Unexpected end of file..." error

My Second Problem (Plan B):
I decided to install windows from scratch. Post installation, I chose to load up Ghost Explorer, so I could extract the files I needed from the image I had made.

In doing this, I am prompted for the first file in the image span & the last. After providing locations for both, I am warned that the "image spans over 79 file segments..." and asked if I want to continue. I choose to proceed and it prompts me for filename "12-28028.ghs", which I provide the location for.

The real problem I have with "Plan B" however comes here: after providing the pathname for 12-28028.ghs, I am asked to provide a location for filename "@CD-R2"

Goal:
"Plan A" is preferred, but if "Plan B" is easier to fix then I can live with that.

Side Note:
Original disk data only exists within the Ghost Image, since I reinstalled the OS.
1 REPLY 1

Wayne_Patnode
Level 2
Wrong Forum. Moved to GSS Forum.