cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular recovery in SharePoint possible for one web application but not for other

gsardinha
Level 2

Dear all,

My organization is trying to use ExecBackup 2010 with SharePoint for granular recovery of items in sites. The farm has 3 web applications using 3 content databases on a separate SQL server. The job of backing up the web apps succeed on all of them without any error messages. When we try to restore an item, it is possible to dig in, in 2 of those 3 web apps but not in one. They have exactly the same rights and I tested the access rights that the Backup Exec user is using to open and change documents in that web apps and it works. Did someone had this experience? Any ideas will be much appreciated.

regards,

Gonçalo

3 REPLIES 3

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Post the error?

gsardinha
Level 2

Hi there Maheshroja,

There are no errors reported. But when we try to restore, we cannot go inside the web application up to an item level. We can do that for the other 2 web applications. Only difference between them is the size of the Content Database. The one where the backups cannot restore granular is circa 160 GB. Others are around 70 GB.

Thanks.

Regards,

Gonçalo

Jaxom
Level 3
Partner Accredited

hi gsardinha,

I've also read your other similar post

The BESA account that's used to backup the sharepoint should not only have farm admin but site admin as well. Also make sure that the account has public + sysadmin permissions on SQL server. Most of the selection browsing problems exist with account rights. You may set correctly on the other 2 SQL instance but not the one you're having problem with.

Do check that 1st... hope that helps.