cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular restore for Exchange 2010 failed

arthrax
Level 3
Hello

I want to granulary restore mail from Exchange 2010 with Backup Exec 2010. My exchange architecture is :
  • 1 HUB/CAS server
  • 2 Mailbox server in DAG
All my server are under Windows 2008 R2.
For the GRT backup, I haven't problem, everything is ok, I can browse my Backup to mail level.

But when I want to restore granulary a mail, the job failed with error :

Final error: 0xe00002f8 - Cannot open one or more mail messages because of unknown MAPI errors. Review the job log for more information.
    Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link
V-79-57344-760

Restore- \\IDAG01\Microsoft Information Store\MBX10DB01 DAG01
    V-79-57344-760 - Unable to open the item Database - skipped.

After some research, I found that it is a bug in BE :
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/337861.htm

So now I'am trying the workaround unsuccessfuly.

I have follow this post http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/338471.htm
I have create in Exchange a Recovery Database and a restore job with correct parameters but job failed with error : 

Final error: 0xe0000382 - Backup Exec attempted to restore an Exchange database according to the job settings. The Exchange server was    not found.
    Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link
V-79-57344-898

Restore- \\MBX12\Microsoft Information Store\MBX10-RECOVERY
    V-79-57344-898 - Backup Exec attempted to restore an Exchange database according to the job settings. The Exchange server was not found.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

arthrax
Level 3
I have the same error on another Exchange server without DAG mode (one server with all Exchange rôle)

Anyone has test with success a mail restoration in Exchnage 2010 ?

Thank you.

hurley131
Not applicable
Anyone have any luck getting it to work. Seem to be in the same situation everyone elses in.

shaganasty
Level 3

please post your resolve if you have a solution to this error when trying to restore email.

the error is the same if it one email, folder of email, any user, from a backup of last night or last week, 3 months ago.... does not make a difference keep getting the same error.

arthrax
Level 3

I have install Backup Exec 2010 R2 with hotfixe 358289, 140360, 358410,358288 and 138226. But it is always the same error message sad.

jmchristy
Not applicable

I was having the same issue and I resolved this by changing the account that the services were logging in as.

To use GRT you need to be using an account with an Exchange mailbox and I have always just used a services account with administrative rights for my servers rather than the administrator account.  This account, didn't have an Exchange mailbox.  Once I switched the account to my administrator account, and re-ran the backup, I was able to restore from that backup.

Remeber to go to your Logon Account Management under Network-->Logon Accounts and add the account there.  Then go to Tools-->Backup Exec services and stop all services and change your BEXEC services to start with that new account.  Then re-run the backup, your restore should work.