cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*HELP* I deleted the "Full Backup" job and have no clue how to restore it.

Joshwa_Rock
Level 2
I was trying to clean up some of the things in the Job Monitor tab, and I also wanted to modify or make my own Job similar to the Full Backup job that was created before I started administering this system. I clicked deleted on the job and it is now gone, i figured it was only deleting the job from the "Monitor" tab and not the entire job itself. Is there ANY way to restore this job or undelete the job? I have no clue about all the selections and settings on how it was set up before.

p.s. I have searched but it comes back with 100's of pages on restores of data and job setups. I spent over an hour trying to find out the answer by searching.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
If you look in the selections list you should with any luck find the selections list that was used for the job, though while if you're lucky it'll have the same name, it doesn't need to have been, so it might take a bit of searching. You'll still need to re-setup the other settings within the job itself, but at least it should save you from the hardest part.

Joshwa_Rock
Level 2
I did that by looking through the previous job logs. There are over 100 different selections within the "selections". I would rather just be able to restore the "job" itself. I think people are misunderstanding my first post as this is the only reply I have gotten.

In the Job Setup tab, if you delete a job within there, is there any way to undelete it?

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
restore the file c:\program files\veritas\backupexec\nt\data\bedb.bak from a recent backup. overwrite the existing file.

Then open beutility.exe, add your media server to the all media servers group. Righ click on your server, and select recover database- use the method to recover from backup.

Joshwa_Rock
Level 2
I was going to try to "restore" the entire Backup Exec program when I ran into this problem, but looking through the old "Full Backups" it seems the person that set it up did not want to back up BackupExec. So I have no copies of it. I figure I am pretty much screwed at this point and will have to do it the hard way of going through log files and writing down each individual file and directory that needs to be backed up and create a new Job.