cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP MSL 6030 on BEXE 8.6 / Windows 2000 server not coming up as Robotic libr

mrbeach
Not applicable
Hello,

I have installed a HP MSL 6030 (2 Ultrium 960 drives) on a windows 2000 server with backup exec 8.6 for a costumer.

The drives (after installing tape device drivers) are coming up as stand alone drives. Where can I download robotic drivers for the MSL 6030 ?`

I noticed that the SCSIChanger kernel driver didn't start (this has something to do with supported drivers and a registry key called: VSDloadtable). After adding "Over_Pro HP MSL6000 Series" to the reg-key the scsichanger kernel driver started. However the robotic library doesn't show up in the "Device configuration wizard".

Sorry for posting to the wrong forum but i didn't notice it until know (followed a link on the site to post information).

Please help me get this running, I have been without backup for a 4 days now and its critical.

Kindest regards,

Rikard StrandMessage was edited by:
mrbeach
2 REPLIES 2

Chaitanya_Khurj
Level 6
Hello there,

Your post has been moved to the Backup Exec 8.6 unmoderated Forum.

Thankyou.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Here is the HP Driver http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US〈=English&pnameOID=463661&prodSeriesId=316040&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=COL1977&locBasepartNum=co-28873-1&os=Microsoft+Windows+2000&tech=Diagnostic
(URL may be wrapped )

Does the changer show up in Device Manager?