cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Storagework Autoloader 1/8 Ultrium 460

Derrick_Tang
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have a problem with my HP Storagework Autoloader 1/8 Ultrium 460.

The media server that is attached with the autoloader is a Win 2000 Server.

And Running Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 5484.

Whenever i run a backup job with verify checked, my server will crash to blue screen upon completing the backup.

Also whenever i run a restore with the restore security checked, my server will again crash to blue screen upon when the restore just started after a minute.

I also noticed that under my devices, i have "Unknown Medium Changer Device"

Anyone able to help?

Thanks in a advance
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What are you backing up in the job? Are you using the Advanced open file option during the backup? Does the server give a blue screen if verify option is not checked during backup?

Regarding the device, is it properly detected in windows device manager? What are the SCSI id's for the tape and the changer? Check if there are any errors in the event logs when the server crashes.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Steve_Foster
Level 2
Hi Derrick,

What SCSI controller is the Autoloader connected to? My knowledge of SCSI is poor and when I first connected my autoloader (same model as you) to the server's RAID controller I could do back-ups but could not see slots or control the autoloader in software. I remedied this by adding a separate SCSI card for the the HP Autoloader, then everything was identified correctly in devices and functioned perfectly.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please update us on the issue!

Also let us know if this problem occurs during speicific backups like local or remote. Are you backing up any databases?
Does the server crash also during backup to disk backup?

You may also upgrade to 10d. Refer:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/279332
http://support.veritas.com/docs/281044
Update remote agents after upgrade.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.