cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE bengine log files. How to fix?

Lim_Park
Level 3
On one of our Backup Exec 10d servers, the log files in "C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Logs" are HUGE.

Especially the Server-bengineXX.log files are like 10GB, 20GB, and today, it is 35GB and continuously growing. We also have server-beremoteXX.log files are also > 180 MB. What are these files actually logging? How/where can I edit the loggin options for these files? (it is not the Tools --> Audit logs..." option).

We have two other Backup Exec 10d servers, and on those two servers, we do not even see any of these logs in that directory, so there has to be some kind of setting where I can turn this off....

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

Lim_Park
Level 3
Could someone at least check and see if they too have these log files at the specified location please?

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I've not got log files of that size here.
I would suggest checking the following:

On your media server run BEUtility, highlight the media server, select Enable Debug Logs, and deselect all the options.

On your servers with Remote Agents, run vxmon, double click it in the system tray, click the Debug Log tab, and deselect Enable Debug Log.

Lim_Park
Level 3
Thanks Hywel,

Do you mean you do have log files ServerName-bengineXX.log and ServerName-beremoteXX.log but they are not big, or do you mean that you do not have these log files at all under C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Logs ?

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Check the registry key:

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Logging-CreateDebugLog. If the value is set to 1, set it to 0.

Regards
Padmaja

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I don't have those files at all on my media server.

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Lim,

Could you please update us on the issue?

Thanks.