cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Licensing for the Netware Remote agent change with BE 2010

Leo_Pillifant
Level 3

With BE 11 and 12.5 the netware agent seems to have been licensed with the windows remote agent. Has this changer with BE 2010?

I upgrade a BE 12.5 machine to BE 2010. These are the things that have me confused.

1. Under License Information it shows the remote agent for netware system licensed but not installed.
2. When I go to install the remote agents, I only see windows system and no netware systems. They did show up under BE 12.5
3.Under the License key screen the key for windows remote agent read - Remote agent for windows and netware servers
4. Our sells rep says there is a netware remote agent and he sent me a quote for the agent
5. I was able to backup the 4 netware servers that I was backing up with BE 12.5. I have not upgraded the software on the netware servers

So do I need to get a license or not??
2 REPLIES 2

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
Hello leo,

(With BE 11 and 12.5 the netware agent seems to have been licensed with the windows remote agent. Has this changer with BE 2010?)- with version 2010, its still the same process there is no change.

The license for BUE agent for Netware for 2010 version is just the sames with the version 12.5, it can be activated using the license for BUE agent for windows system.

Your sales rep provided you a quote for the agent for Netware because there is also a separate license key for it if you have purchase the said license.

Since you have the license for the remote agent for windows which can activate the netware, its your option if you will proceed in purchasing the license for the BUE agent for Netware .

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When I go to install the remote agents, I only see windows system and no netware systems.

Starting from BE 2010, you cannot push out remote agents to Netware machines.  You would have to install them manually.  See page 1863 of the Admin Guide.  Do upgrade your Netware remote agents.

Under License Information it shows the remote agent for netware system licensed but not installed.

This is normal for everybody.  After you get your Netware licence, you need to go to Tools --> Install Options and license keys .... and enter the licence.  If you are under a current maintenance contract, you can get a free upgrade for your licence.