cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issue with logs (beremote-xx-xxxxx)

SRI2
Level 2

Hello,

Recently, I am having an issue on one of our server which have the backupexec agent installed. It happens only on this server. The issue is that theres unlimited amount of logs created on the c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\RAWS\logs

The files has the name of SERVERNAME-beremote00-xxxxxx

And it creates an unlimited amount of files of 20 481 ko until the c: drive is full

I read online that I could go to registry in Logging and set the value of CreateDebugLog(1) to (0) and it works but after a short time the value will go back to 1 and will start to create lots of logs again.

Thank you guys

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

By any chance are there any VMs with same display name (not hostname) on that hyper v host ? If yes, can you change the names and see how it goes ? would also recommend to upgrade to BE 21 as there are some improvement to the always on debug feature in that version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gurvinder

do you run any backups with debug enabled ? if not it should not.
By any chance this remote server where the problem exists, is that a Hyper V Server ?
More about BE Debug - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100029014

I could double check about the backups with the debug enabled but I dont think so it is the same schedule backup that I use since a couple of years. And yes it is an Hyper-V server sorry I forgot to mention earlier

Gurvinder

By any chance are there any VMs with same display name (not hostname) on that hyper v host ? If yes, can you change the names and see how it goes ? would also recommend to upgrade to BE 21 as there are some improvement to the always on debug feature in that version.

Hello; I think you are right. There was 2 VM with the same display name. Both were desactivate too. I changed it and its been 24 hours I didnt see those logs. I'll let it go for a while.

Many thanks !