cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required Error "The Logon account you specified must correspond to a unique mailbox."

1stopva
Level 3

Hey,

I am consistantly receiving the above mentioned error.

The Backup Exec version is 11d with SP5 installed and Hot fix 70. It is running on a Windows 2003 R2 64 Bit Enterprise server.  I have also made serveral attempts to create new accounts to resolve the "unique account" error withyout any success.  My exchange datastore is still not being backed up. I have searched the knowledge base and have not found any other posssible causes. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might try?

Thank you in avance for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checkec the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH28298

Gregmfg
Level 4

1stopva
Level 3

Thank you for the suggestions, however I had already read theses Technical Articles and had created  2 new accounts with unique names and assigned Exchange admin rights etc. without success.

The last account I created I called "BUemail" to ensure there were no other accounts with similar characters.

1stopva
Level 3

As I am rereading the technical articles to see if I may have missed anything I realized I didn't mention that this is Exchange server 2007 version 8.01.0436.000.

Thank you again for the support.

Gregmfg
Level 4

Create a new account in AD named : symantec with following settings:
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group and Local Admin Group if Exchange is a member server
2  : Create a Mailbox for Symantec, send a test email and open it in OWA to activate the Mailbox.
3  : Make sure that the Mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List.
4  : Add the account "symantec" as Exchange Server Administrator in Exchange Management Console

1stopva
Level 3

The problem is resolved. Going through the process of setting up the account again enabled me to evalutate each setting.  I had created new accounts previously, however I did not use "Symantec"  (I fail to see that being a requirement, other than it can not be similar to an existing account) but, I did find that I had assigned "Exchange Organization Administrator" as opposed to "Exchange Server Administrator".  I think this might have been the cause.

Thanks again for the help. All of your comments confirmed I was on the correct path but need to be a little more careful.

cheers

Peter