cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed

SHKOH
Level 2

I am using a HP MSL4048 Tape library. Recently, HP replaced one drive and assigned with another SCSI id. This drive is detected by Windows and Symantec recognised it as a new drive instead of a replacement. I reassigned this new drive to replace the old one in the tape partition. When the scheduled job runs, it failed based on Hardware error detected.

Do I need to reconfigure my job again when I change a new drive with new SCSI id though it can be recognised by both Windows and Backup Exec? Please advise. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

If your job is targetted to "all devices" or to the MSL4048 library, the drive change is irrelevant and the job should run fine.  If the job was targetted at the specific drive, then you may have to reconfigure that job.

How many drives do you have in that library?  Are you using software partitioning (in the BE GUI)?  Are you using hardware partitioning (in the library hardware)?  What exactly is the error?

A_ride_4_ever
Level 3
I know this is an old post but.  I recently had the same issue,  What you will need to do is go into Bexec and rerun the device wizard under tools>wizards.  It will redetect the new device, You can then go into devices and select remove for the old device,  It should ask you to reasign any existing jobs dependant on that drive to another drive.