cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help restoring from virtual media

MSUTech
Level 4

Hello,

We are running Backup Exec 11d.  We have a set of tapes and also a set of virtual media (e.g. B2D000015).  We recently had an incremental backup run to the virtual media set.  [Drive and media mount requested: 8/3/2010 3am] & [Job ended: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 at 4:24am].

When I look at the actual virtual media .bkf file, it has a date modified of 8/3/2010 4:20am.

I have the following 2 errors for the backup job:

[1] Final error: 0xe000fe36 - corrupt data encountered (this appears to just be related to a file change before verification)

[2] Storage device "Virtual Media 1" reported an error on a request to write data to media.
Error reported: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Since it ran a verification AND the .bkf file has a date modified that is towards the end of the backup.... is it possible that the data was backed up (this media does not currently list a backup for 8/3/2010).  I tried to run a catalog on this virtual media, but, after 1 hour, it was still 'loading media'.

Do you think it is possible to get to the files that were backed up... or am I out of luck?

thanks...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MSUTech
Level 4
thanks all..... I was able to run a catalog and find the backup info that was NOT originally available in the restore listing....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There are chances that it got corrupt as the error tells. But please click on the restore tab and check if it does show the items are backed up or not. If it doesn't show any data in the restore tab then chances are that data is not backed up. You can try to catalog the media again if you want and see if it helps.

Most of times it shows the data in the restore if it gets backed up but if it doesn't show there then chances are that it was not backed up.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...and if you try NTbackup? From my experience, once you receive an error stating corrupt data encountered, the data is irrecoverable.

MSUTech
Level 4
thanks all..... I was able to run a catalog and find the backup info that was NOT originally available in the restore listing....