cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

jmr388
Level 2

I have 8 computers currently runnning on windows 7.  They are connected to a Windows 2008 server R2. I am using Back up exec 2012 and was told I need an agent for my windows 7 to successfully back up.  Is there another Back up I could use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

JMR... 

you would just need to install the Remote agent on each machine to backup them up. Under the backup exec Pearl "Top left" select installation and licensing/ install agents and backup exec servers on other servers. then add the machine that youre wanting to backup. 

You would however need to purchase a remote agent license "AWS" for each machine. The number for Symantec Licensing is as follows 1800 327 2232

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can also use the product DLO (Desktop Laptop Option):

http://www.symantec.com/desktop-laptop-option

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

JMR... 

you would just need to install the Remote agent on each machine to backup them up. Under the backup exec Pearl "Top left" select installation and licensing/ install agents and backup exec servers on other servers. then add the machine that youre wanting to backup. 

You would however need to purchase a remote agent license "AWS" for each machine. The number for Symantec Licensing is as follows 1800 327 2232

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Note that DLO is a separate product from BE and DLO only backs up user files/documents.  DLO does not allow the restore of an user machine.