cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Shares in Selection View

Joji
Level 5

This is a follow-up to: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/hide-shares-selection-view

We are using BE 2010 R3 SP2 on Windows 2008 R2 Standard SP1. Any updates out there?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you disable the selection of user shares, the shares will still be shown, but they are greyed out, i.e. you cannot select them for backup.  You cannot tick any of the boxes next to the shares.  This is the best that you can do.  You cannot prevent them from being shown.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can got to Tools ---> Option ---> Network and Security and uncheck Enable Selection of User Shares.

Joji
Level 5

That is my current setting.

For troubleshooting purposes, I enabled it (check the box), rebooted the server. Went back to the setting and this time unchecked the option, then rebooted the server again.

When I viewed the selection all hidden shares are still showing.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you disable the selection of user shares, the shares will still be shown, but they are greyed out, i.e. you cannot select them for backup.  You cannot tick any of the boxes next to the shares.  This is the best that you can do.  You cannot prevent them from being shown.