cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding jobs during holiday breaks

Not applicable
Over the Christmas period, I placed several jobs on 'Hold Schedule' since wehave a manual tape drive. When I returned and took the jobs off hold,instead of the jobs re-scheduling themselves to the next available time,they attempted to run immediately. I've had to manually cancel each job,after which they have scheduled themselves properly.Is this normal for Backup Exec? Is there any way I can take jobs off holdwithout then having to manually cancel each job as it starts? I've stillgot another 20+ jobs to take off hold.Ross
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable
Edit the jobs and in the schedule change the effective date.If you want in the furture, u can edit the jobs, and exclude the dates youdo not want the backups to run on."Ross Smith" wrote:>Over the Christmas period, I placed several jobs on 'Hold Schedule' sincewe>have a manual tape drive. When I returned and took the jobs off hold,>instead of the jobs re-scheduling themselves to the next available time,>they attempted to run immediately. I've had to manually cancel each job,>after which they have scheduled themselves properly.>>Is this normal for Backup Exec? Is there any way I can take jobs off hold>without then having to manually cancel each job as it starts? I've still>got another 20+ jobs to take off hold.>>Ross>>

Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, but in all honesty, it's probably easier for me tojust cancel the jobs by hand. At least I can hold or unhold the jobs as agroup, I really don't fancy editing schedules for 20+ jobs when many of themrun at different times.Ho hum, another one for the wish list....Ross"Peter A" wrote in message news:41dbd699@ROSASTDMZ05....>> Edit the jobs and in the schedule change the effective date.>> If you want in the furture, u can edit the jobs, and exclude the dates you> do not want the backups to run on.>> "Ross Smith" wrote:> >Over the Christmas period, I placed several jobs on 'Hold Schedule' since> we> >have a manual tape drive. When I returned and took the jobs off hold,> >instead of the jobs re-scheduling themselves to the next available time,> >they attempted to run immediately. I've had to manually cancel each job,> >after which they have scheduled themselves properly.> >> >Is this normal for Backup Exec? Is there any way I can take jobs offhold> >without then having to manually cancel each job as it starts? I've still> >got another 20+ jobs to take off hold.> >> >Ross> >> >>

Not applicable
Ross Smith wrote:> Over the Christmas period, I placed several jobs on 'Hold Schedule' since we> have a manual tape drive. When I returned and took the jobs off hold,> instead of the jobs re-scheduling themselves to the next available time,> they attempted to run immediately. I've had to manually cancel each job,> after which they have scheduled themselves properly.> > Is this normal for Backup Exec? Is there any way I can take jobs off hold> without then having to manually cancel each job as it starts? I've still> got another 20+ jobs to take off hold.> > Ross> > Depending on what version of BEWS you are running, you can use the Advanced Scheduling Option to select dates/date ranges that BEWS wil not try to start jobs.As for the current situation, you'll probably just have to cancel each job before swapping tapes.

Not applicable
Ken Putnam wrote:> Ross Smith wrote:> >> Over the Christmas period, I placed several jobs on 'Hold Schedule' >> since we>> have a manual tape drive. When I returned and took the jobs off hold,>> instead of the jobs re-scheduling themselves to the next available time,>> they attempted to run immediately. I've had to manually cancel each job,>> after which they have scheduled themselves properly.>>>> Is this normal for Backup Exec? Is there any way I can take jobs off >> hold>> without then having to manually cancel each job as it starts? I've still>> got another 20+ jobs to take off hold.>>>> Ross>>>>> > Depending on what version of BEWS you are running, you can use the > Advanced Scheduling Option to select dates/date ranges that BEWS wil not > try to start jobs.> > > As for the current situation, you'll probably just have to cancel each > job before swapping tapes.You could also, in stead of placing the jobs on HOLD, have selected the Next Execution date from Properties and changed that