cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HotFix 218257 Failed

PThomas24
Level 2

I recently attempted to upgrade BE 2012 to 2014 on a Windows 2008 R2 server.  As others have stated the SQL part has problems.  After a day of trying all the suggestions I could find I wiped the server, did a fresh Server 2012 install, ran all MS updates and then installed BE 2014.  At that point I shut down all the BE services and copied over the data and catalog folders.   That part went great.   As soon as I started all the service BE 2014 started running backups.

Now for the problem.

As soon as the missed backup jobs completed I ran LiveUpdate.   It came up with HotFix 218257 so I said install.   It ran for about 10 minutes and them came back with failed MSXML not loaded.  I checed the error log and it directed me to Microsoft.   I downloaded and ran the MSXML program to verify and it came back saying everything was installed and running fine.  When I tried to open BE 2014 again it said that services were not running.  I tried to restart all the service using the Service Manager but they would not restart.   I rebooted the server and everything was back up and running.

When I hit the LiveUpdate button it still says I need to install HotFix 218257.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with this update?

This is a newly installed copy of Windows Server 2012, with the "application role" installed and fully patched.  We have a McAfee ePolicy server that pushed out the McAfee Agent but Anti-Virus has not been installed.   The only program installed is BE 2014.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Did you run the update via LiveUpdate? If so, download it, stop the BE services and then patch manually.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

Did you run the update via LiveUpdate? If so, download it, stop the BE services and then patch manually.

Thanks!

PThomas24
Level 2

Thanks for the help.

I was trying to run the update via the LiveUpdate.

I downloaded the patch, shutdown the service and started the update on the new server.

At one point the install need some files from the install CD and couldn't find them.  I had to manually search the CD and find the .MSI file it was looking for.  After that it seemed to run fine.

20 minutes after it started is finished the install and restarted all the services and backup jobs started running again.

CraigV

OK great...can you mark the post that helped to close this off?

THanks!