cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HotFix Question

itsupport28
Level 2

To Whom It May Concern:

Our client uses Backup Exec 12.5. We are about to apply the following patch: TECH74523   Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers revision 2213 Hotfix 331998

My question is: Does this patch include all previous patches / Is this a cumulative hotfix?

7 REPLIES 7

lmosla
Level 6

Hi as the document states 'Before installing this hotfix, Backup Exec for Windows 12.5 Service Pack 2 must be installed. Service Pack 2 can be obtained here:    www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75457'

hotfixes usually are not cumultive but Service Packs are

Edited:  link added

itsupport28
Level 2

Thank You for the update. I do see that the Symantec version is up to SP3. Are there any newer Hotfixes above SP3? - Rick

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Sp4 for 12.5 is here

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135380

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You can do a search on the Symantec support site, or install SP3 and load any subsequent patches via LiveUpdate before push-installing them to any remote servers you might have.

Thanks!

itsupport28
Level 2

To Whom It May Concern:

The SP4 64-Bit download link does not seem tp have the full executable. If you see the link here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH135379

You see that the full download should be 120 Mb. However when you download the exe file, only 117 Mb actually download and when you try to run it, there is no file association. Normally exe files do not need file associations. What are your thoughts?

Thank You

Rick

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

@Rick. I just download. It came down as BE2213RSP4_x64bit_357268 with no extension. I added the .exe and it attempted to run. Since the machine I was testing on did not have BE installed it bombed.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should try the download again.  The file size of 117MB is correct.  I just downloaded and was able to run the file without doing anything extra.