cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix 344584 for BE 2010 stops jobs to tape?

Jeff_Allen
Level 4
Hi All,

Since I ran live update on my BE 2010 installation all jobs running to tape get stuck in queued. The tapes get loaded in the drive and then hang. I have gone through all the standard power cycle steps and ran the Quantum xTalk which came back fine... funny thing is, I had to wait for a duplicate job to tape to finish to install the hotfix, then right after the reboot nothing runs to tape... I have trid taking the server offline and online, pausing with no luck... anyone else run into issues with this hotfix?

details:

- BE 2010 - all patches
- Windows 2008 Standard Server - all patches
- All drives for SCSI controller are the latest
- Quantum SuperLoader
- Re-Installed Symantec drivers for tape drive
- waved my magic stick and nothing...

At this point I am considering removing the update but I already pushed out the updated agents to the clients so I don't want to do that...

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
3 REPLIES 3

Jeff_Allen
Level 4
So I went through this with support and we removed the hotfix and jobs now run... except BE doesn't see my cleaning tape even though it is in there.... I will keep this updated just incase anyone else runs into the same problem as it appears to be happening to many folks.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Did you run an inventory on your drive to detect the cleaning tape? Have you enabled that option?

Jeff_Allen
Level 4
Yes, ran an inventory, tried importing it... BE doesn't see it... although through the web admin of the loader I see it is clearly a cleaning tape and the slot is marked as a cleaning slot... I hop to pick things up with Symantec tomorrow once my duplicate jobs complete.