cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housekeeping options with Backup Exec 2012 Ver 14.0 Rev 1798

LMG1
Level 3

We are running out of disk space on our server's 'C' drive. What housekeeping routines are available under Backup Exec 2012 Ver. 14.0 Rev 1798 to clear out historic data & obsolete files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

By the sounds of it it is either not Backup Exec using your space or you need to think about relocating the whole of Backup Eec onto another volumes (which would involve and uninstall re-install (of course after copying the BEDB and the catalogs etc away)

Is your Backup to Disk folder also on the C: drive?

Also what is the actual capacity of your C: drive as you may need to plan to increase that if it is under specified.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB

Check the size of catalogs folder. If its too large then think about moving the folder to another drive.

Refer to https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.tech29603.html

LMG1
Level 3

Thanks for your prompt response - I have already moved the catalog and job logs to another drive. Are there any other areas to consider?

AmolB

What is the size of the Data folder located under the BE installation directory?

Do you see any large XML files under Data folder?

LMG1
Level 3

Hi - The data folder is only 64mb - there are no large XML files that I can see

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you cannot spare. 64Mb on your C: drive then you are in real trouble. Since you have already moved out the catalogs and the joblogs, what else do you want to squeeze out of BE? It might be more productive if you look elsewhere

LMG1
Level 3

Comments noted - The reason for raising the question is to ensure that I have not missed anything obvious i.e. truncating log files / SQL databases etc. It would be a shame if there was a housekeeping routine or something that I hadn't actioned because I wasn't aware of it.

To clarify, other than moving the log files and catalog files to another drive, there's nothing else I can do?

Colin_Weaver

By the sounds of it it is either not Backup Exec using your space or you need to think about relocating the whole of Backup Eec onto another volumes (which would involve and uninstall re-install (of course after copying the BEDB and the catalogs etc away)

Is your Backup to Disk folder also on the C: drive?

Also what is the actual capacity of your C: drive as you may need to plan to increase that if it is under specified.