Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Backup Exec Compute Day Calendar In Monthly Job

RawadBM
Level 3

How Backup Exec Compute Day Calendar In Monthly Job

Here is the Scenario :

I want to create full backup of my data every sunday of the month, the differential the remaining days in the selected week. The total per month is 4 full backup jobs and 4 differential backup jobs 

Backup Exec offers the "Last week" in the monthly days schedule.

My question is: in some months, the first monday comes before the first sunday; how backup exec counts in such cases?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Ok differential jobs are always linked to the last full no matter which week they fall in. As the links between differential (or incrementals) and the full have nothing to do with week ordering and ONLY relate to the last full.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Colin_Weaver

The format of the BE calendar  on my test server shows Sunday as 1st day of week.

If you click the yello BE button and then choose Configuration and Settings --> Job Defaults --> Schedule

and then click the Calndar button does it show the same for you as that may be an indicator that day 1 of  week is the Sunday

As an aside some months in the year could have 5 sundays.. how are you thinking of handling that with your rotation?

Colin_Weaver

OK the operating system settings determine the calendar layout inside the BE console as I just used "Control Panel" --> "Clock, Language and Region" --> "Change date, time of number formats" to set which days is First day of week  and teh closed and re-opene dthe BE console and teh clandar layout within BE has changed.

As such we probably use the same settings to decide the weekly schedule.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should not be using the monthly recurrance pattern.  You should be using the weekly recurrance pattern for your full backups and the daily recurrance pattern for your incremental backups.

RawadBM
Level 3

Thank You Colin, 

For example, at the end of this month  (February 2016), 4th Sunday will be on February 28 (Full Backup), on Monday will be February 29 (differential Backup). From Tuesday March 1 till Saturday March 5: these days will be added to diffential job started on Monday february 29 ? 

RawadBM
Level 3

I'm using selected day of a month; kindly refer to the attached file

Colin_Weaver

Ok differential jobs are always linked to the last full no matter which week they fall in. As the links between differential (or incrementals) and the full have nothing to do with week ordering and ONLY relate to the last full.

RawadBM
Level 3

Thank you very much Colin.

you saved me